What is recycled in the blue container

CAT Spraying No More REVIEW

Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.

There are also waste paper or cardboard that should NOT be disposed of in the blue container . It is precisely in these exceptions where more errors of recycling arise . Among these residues are:

  • Used paper handkerchiefs, napkins or paper towels.
  • Wet or dirty cardboard. for example, the boxes of pizzas, since many times they are stained with oil. This is because its recycling becomes more difficult.
  • Papers, metallized or plasticized, waxed or paraffin.
  • Packs of type brick and plastic bags.
  • Cups and cups and disposable cardboard plates
  • Photographic or fax paper
  • Used compresses, diapers, paper towels and intimate hygiene papers
  • Thermal papers
  • White cork trays
  • cellophane
  • Paper with adhesive or remnants of glue
  • Carbonless paper and carbon paper
  • Aluminum foil

Here are some good practices for using the blue container :

  • Know what can be thrown in the blue container and what not.
  • It is highly recommended to cut or fold the papers and the cardboard before throwing them into the blue container. In this way, it will be more convenient and easier to dispose of and will occupy less space in the container to fit more.
  • Try not to leave the large cardboard boxes without disassembling next to the container. It is not a great effort to bend or crush them and throw them into the container.
  • Always try to reuse the paper and cardboard bags to store this kind of waste. So, when we go to throw this type of waste to the container, we should not remove them from the bag and we can deposit them all together, thus pulling a single full bag.
  • We must remove the staples, the clips, the adhesive tape and all other materials other than paper and cardboard.

The percentages of paper and cardboard recycling in Spain are very high, around 83% of paper and cardboard that we use it is recycled. It was estimated that during 2014, some 4.4 million tons of paper and cardboard waste were transformed into recyclable materials. Among these wastes, 12% (some 528,000 tons) came from the municipal systems of selective collection of containers and packaging and citizen collaboration and the other 88% (3.5 million tons) of commercial and industrial collection systems, that are promoted by private companies.

Among these 4.4 million tons, up to 80% (3.5 million tons) were destined to the Spanish market and 20% to other markets (6% to the European market and 14% Asian). In addition, the paper industry imported 1.5 million tons. 99% of this import came from the European market, mainly from France and Portugal. This import is due to the need to meet the demand for some qualities that present deficits in the Spanish market, such as that of whites, due to changes in consumption and reading habits.

These recycling data have made it possible for no paper mill in Spain to have been forced to stop its production due to a lack of recycled raw material and also a great energy saving, avoiding the emission of around 4 million tons of CO2 to the atmosphere, which represents 11% of CO2 emitted with respect to the previous year. In short, in the last ten years the management has undergone a great transformation thanks to the different applied EU directives, which have diverted landfill and incineration materials to obtain recycled raw materials.

A fundamental role in this transformation has been that of the recovery and recycling sector, which has provided the necessary resources and investments to be able to convert waste into raw materials that are inserted back into the system and has improved environmental and economic efficiency of past production systems, being a very important basis for the development of the circular economy concept.

 What is recycled in the blue container - Recycling figures in the blue container in Spain

Emily Harris
 

Hi Guys, Girls, and Cats:-p I am Emily Harris, and you can see in above pic. She loves me I swear. I saved her from a dumpster a few weeks back.

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below 0 comments