Vitamins for malnourished cats
Great nutrition is imperative to maintain the health of our pets , since food is directly related to the functionality of the body and is a therapeutic tool as effective as natural that we must take into account whenever health loses its balance.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
Cats are characterized by typically feline behavior that emphasizes the need for independence, but this is not why we should stop overseeing their diet, especially to prevent conditions that may be serious, such as malnutrition .
In cases of lack of food we must ensure adequate supply of micronutrients, and these should be administered to prevent the cat from reaching a state of starvation, for this reason, in this article of YourCatCareguide we talk about vitamins for malnourished cats .
Causes of malnutrition in cats
The causes of malnutrition in cats are mainly two: nutrient absorption problems or lack of food .
Sometimes the lack of food is not linked to an inability to eat the same, but to a disease that is causing anorexia or lack of appetite. There are many pathologies that cause our cat to lose appetite, however, we should highlight the following:
- Renal insufficiency
- Fat liver disease
- Viral diseases
- Bacterial diseases
Due to the fact that the lack of appetite and consequently malnutrition can be caused by serious diseases, it is essential the initial evaluation by a veterinarian .
How can vitamins help in the case of malnutrition?
Vitamins are micronutrients that although they are in low proportion in the cat’s organism are of vital importance for the proper functioning of the same, since they participate in several chemical reactions essential for life.
Administering vitamins to a malnourished cat involves the following advantages:
- It favors the proper assimilation of macronutrients : carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
- Prevents secondary diseases to a vitamin deficit.
- It allows the cat’s organism to more easily maintain its vital functions.
- Vitamins are essential to support the functions of the immune system.
- Some specific combinations of vitamins for cats are formulated for the purpose of increasing appetite.
Vitamins specific for cats
The self-medication in cats is an irresponsible practice by owners who can endanger the life of the animal, especially when we use drugs or nutritional supplements that were only approved for human use.
Fortunately, nowadays we can easily find vitamins specific to cats , and in addition in various formats: pastes, gel, treats and capsules.
These products have a cat-sized dosage form which in addition can be adapted (and adapted) to the cat’s weight. These are preparations that can help us fight malnutrition where there is a lack of vitamins.
As previously mentioned, this administration is not only useful for restoring the percentage of vitamins but also supports the immune functions of our pet .
In the event of malnutrition,
As mentioned before it is imperative that before giving vitamins to your cat go to the vet to make a full exploration, and then we show you why you should do this:
- The veterinarian can determine the underlying cause of malnutrition and treat it properly.
- If necessary, specific tests will be carried out to see if malnutrition causes a specific vitamin deficiency.
- The veterinarian can advise you the best way possible: in some cases you do not need a vitamin supplement, but the administration of a single vitamin in combination with other nutritional supplements.
- In cases of severe malnutrition it is necessary to resort to parenteral nutrition (intravenously) and obviously it can only be administered at a veterinary center.
This article is purely informative, in YourCatCareguide.com.br we do not have the capacity to prescribe veterinary treatments nor to make any type of diagnosis. We suggest that you bring your pet to the veterinarian in case of any type of condition or malaise.
If you want to read more articles the less you know about Vitamins for malnourished cats , we recommend you to enter our section on Other health problems .