Types of therapies with horses
Animals are able to improve human health in many ways. In fact, assisted animal therapies began inEngland in the year 1872 and it was in the year 1875 that a French neurologist discovered all the benefits that horses could offer their animals. patients.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
Equestrian therapies, also known as hypotherapies , or equotherapies, have been born , which have not been used since their origin until today, in order to improve the quality of life for many people. Want to know the different types of horse therapy ? So be sure to read this article from YourCatCareguide where we enter this fascinating world.
The company of animals is associated with numerous improvements for humans, so it is currently possible to conduct animal therapies for older people or find a good solution with assisted dog therapy .
But horses, these animals that so much arouse awakening, have in addition an important characteristic, the movement they present is very similar to the physiological pattern of human gait , so they are able to improve several pathologies when these therapies are performed with qualified professionals.
It is an integral therapy, since it not only improves physical aspects of the human being, but also social, mental and psychological aspects. The different types of therapies with horses that we can find are mainly indicated for the following cases:
- Muscle coordination problems
- Cerebral palsy
- Down’s syndrome
- Marrow lesions
- Multiple sclerosis
- Developmental Disorders
Within the important scope of the hippotherapy can be distinguished several disciplines , next we explain to him in which each of them consists.
Types of therapies with horses
The most commonly used equestrian therapies to relieve several diseases are mainly the following:
- Therapeutic riding : This type of hippotherapy goes beyond the simple riding, since it proposes to the patient that they are responsible for various care that the horse needs. Acquiring this responsibility has a very positive impact on the capacity for interaction and independence.
- Adapted Riding : This type of therapy is dedicated to those people who enjoy riding more than suffer from some type of physical disability and so need that the mount suits their individual needs.
- Hippotherapy : It is mainly based on the movement of the horse and can be carried out with the same or about the same. This type of therapy generates on the patient several stimuli to finally improve aspects such as coordination or balance.
- Therapeutic circle : In this case the horse is only mounted with a blanket to be able to perform movements on the back of the same. This therapy does not only have physiotherapeutic goals, it also has a psychopedagogical goal.
- Social equestrian therapy : This therapy takes advantage of the affective bond established with the horse to help the patient to overcome their conflicts of adaptation and thus be able to integrate better in society.
- Occupational equestrian therapies : These are those that are carried out to favor the labor insertion of people with disabilities.
The professionals of the therapies with horses
The professionals involved in horse therapy belong to several disciplines, although the most outstanding are the following:
- Riding technicians
- Occupational Therapists
In order for a person to observe important health improvements it is absolutely necessary that horse therapies be performed under the supervision of these professionals and in a place suitably adapted for this purpose.