Tricks to put drops on a cat’s ear
Mites, otitis or other problems in the ear of a cat can cause problems that, if not treated in time, may even make you deaf. That is why it is very important that when you notice a problem, take your pet to the vet to diagnose your problem and, if necessary, prescribe a drop to cure it.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
The problem that many people find is that their cats do not let put the drops that the veterinarian prescribed, because they get scared and run away or try to scratch. In this article by YourCatCareguide we will give you some tricks to put drops in a cat’s ear that will make it easier to perform this task.
Symptoms of ear problems
If your cat exhibits any of the following symptoms you should take him to the vet as he probably needs you to prescribe drops to improve your problem:
- Your ears exude (give off a lot of sweat) or have an unpleasant odor
- If you have excess wax. In this case you will see that there are many black spots inside your ears. This can be caused by mites.
- If you have balance problems. This can be caused by some tympanic disease.
- If you rub your ears insistently or tilt your head to the same side constantly. This can be a symptom of the onset of otitis .
Have everything at hand
As soon as the vet diagnoses the problem and prescribes the drops you need, it’s time to get to work. To avoid surprises the ideal is that you have prepared all the material you will need:
- A towel
- Sterile gauze
- The drops
When you have it all ready it will be time to look for your furry friend. One of the best tricks to put drops into the cat’s ear is to wait for the cat to cool down . Enjoy it when he is sleepy or when he comes to you, caresses him and relaxes him, it is best not to surprise him, otherwise he will be scared and the whole process will be more difficult.
You can ask someone to help you hold the cat, although it is best to wrap the kitten in a blanket or towel , leaving only the head outside, and so that the cat is tight enough so that it can not escape. you do not have to cut your breath). Then take it to the place you had previously prepared. This step is imperative for nerve or scratchy cats.
How to put drops on a cat
with the cat rolled up in the blanket or in the towel we can put it in drops without danger of it running away or trying to scratch us. The following steps are as follows:
- Clean the cat’s ears before beginning to remove any excess wax or pus that may be present and which blocks the passage of the drops. This can be done with a special product for the ears of cats that you can buy at any pet store or veterinarian. However, if you do not have this product on hand you can use a sterile gauze and, with the help of your fingers, lightly rub the inside of the cavity.
- After clearing your ears, tilt your head to the side and apply the drops that the veterinarian recommended. When you have put them on you can give a gentle massage to the ear to make sure they go well to the bottom.
- When you are sure that the droplets enter the ear, massage gently, turn the cat and repeat the operation in the other ear.
If you follow the treatment as the veterinarian has indicated, the disease should go away only a short time. Otherwise you should return to the veterinarian to find the true cause of the problem.
This article is purely informative, in YourCatCareguide.com.br we do not have the capacity to prescribe veterinary treatments nor to make any type of diagnosis. We suggest you bring your pet to the veterinarian in case of any type of condition or malaise.
If you want to read more articles like Tricks to put drops in a cat’s ear , we recommend you to enter our section of Other health problems .