Prevent obesity in dogs
Obesity is, in the case of humans, a worldwide concern, not only in terms of physical health, but also aesthetically worrying.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
Interestingly, many dog guardians do not consider their pets’ overweight a concern since they find it a lovely and sweet feature. Thinking like that is a serious mistake.
It is very important that a dog maintain a great weight level for its size, breed and age. Otherwise, cardiovascular problems may arise, there is a greater likelihood of developing hereditary diseases and their condition and physical activity are compromised. Stay informed and alert to prevent obesity in dogs .
How to Identify an Obese Dog
Identifying an obese dog is easy as it demonstrates a protruding belly , unsuitable for its constitution. Keep in mind that in a dog at his ideal weight, it is possible to see his ribs lightly and notice a deviation to the pelvic region.
The dogs with this problem have a very sedentary behavior and tend to be lying down or inactive by the house, without revealing the desire to go out and walk. There are few behaviors as unnatural as this on the part of a dog. In addition, they also experience a constant hunger sensation that results in anxiety, creating behavior dependent on who feeds them.
Finally, it is important to note that obese dogs have a much lower average life expectancy than other pets, and can develop all kinds of respiratory diseases, diabetes, pancreatitis and even heart attacks. If you care about your dog, keep in mind that it is very important that he is 100% healthy.
Adequate food to prevent obesity
In order to prevent obesity in dogs , it is very important that they receive fair and necessary amount of food for their weight and size. When the tutor fails in this task, it may be giving rise to a principle of obesity. Go to the vet you trust if you have questions about the food you give your dog, he will advise and suggest different types of diet .
Some advice on eating:
- Calculate the feed your dog needs and divide into two or three strengths to reduce hunger.
- Try to always keep the same meal times.
- Change feed regularly, alternating feed with home diets and moist food.
- Do not offer too much candy. If you are trying to train the dog, it is important that you use them only once in a while, otherwise you will not obey when you have nothing for him.
- Make sure your pet always has fresh, clean water at your disposal to reduce hunger.
- Do not give in to your food requests. You should be responsible for the dog, offer the food in its defined doses.
The exercise to prevent obesity
In addition to feeding, it is very important that your puppy stay active and fit according to his or her age. The sport-feeding binomial is the healthiest way to maintain a vital organism, and this rule can be applied to dogs or people. Physical exercise, coupled with diet is the best way to make a dog slim .
It does not matter without having an elderly dog, he can also perform activities to keep in shape with specific exercises for him .
A good exercise option is canicross, a sport that consists of the tutor and the dog running together, connected through a specific leash for practice. However, it is not necessary to take the exercise with the animal to that point. Just do good daily walks and do exercise sessions with him on weekends.
Some advice on exercise:
- Avoid hot weather, especially on long-haired, large-bodied dog types.
- Try to stay informed about different activities to spend time with your puppy.
- Never let the dog practice exercising if he has just eaten, the combination of food and exercise can cause a deadly stomach twist for his pet.
- Observe the dog’s attitude when playing sports. If necessary, let him rest when he needs it.
- Try to have fun with the dog, take some time, and cuddle the moment you exercise.
- If you are not a sportsman, you can go to the countryside or to the beach. The dog will exercise alone while you walk quietly.
This article is purely informative, in YourCatCareguide.com.br we do not have the capacity to prescribe veterinary treatments nor to make any type of diagnosis. We suggest that you bring your pet to the veterinarian in case of any type of condition or malaise.
If you want to read the similar articles to Prevent obesity in dogs , we recommend you to enter our Prevention section .