Overcome the death of a pet
Having a dog, cat or other animal and providing a healthy life is an act that reveals love, friendship and relationship with animals. It is something that all people who have or had an animal as a family member know well.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
Pain, sadness and mourning are parts of this process that remind us of the fragility of living beings, yet we know that following a dog, a cat or even a guinea pig in his later years is a difficult and generous process in which we want to return to the animal all the allergies that it offered us. In this article from YourCatCareguide we will try to help you to know how to overcome the death of a pet .
Understand each process as unique
The process of overcoming your pet’s death can vary greatly depending on the individual circumstances of each pet and family. It is not the same thing as a natural death that an induced death, nor the families that receive the animal are the same, nor the animal itself.
The death of a pet can be overcome, but it will be very different in each case in particular. It is also not like the death of a young animal and the death of an elderly animal, the death of a young cat may be because we can not keep up with it for the time that should have been natural, but the death of an elderly dog involves the pain of having lost a traveling companion who for many years was with you.
Being present at the time of your pet’s death can also change the evolution of your mourning. Regardless, we’ll give you some advice to help you get through this moment.
How to overcome your pet’s death
Before the death of a pet it is common to have the sensation that one should only cry for a human being, but this is not true. The relationship with an animal can be very deep and in the same way a mourning should be done:
- The best way to mourn is to allow yourself to express everything you feel, cry if you wantor do not express anything if you do not feel like it. Showing how you feel is very important to manage your emotions in a healthy way.
- Express trustworthy people how your pet relationship was, what made you learn, what moments you were with, how you liked them … The purpose of this is to be able to express your emotions .
- When possible, you should understand that you no longer need to have your dog or cat’s utensils in your home . They should be able to donate them to other dogs or animals. Even if you do not want to do it, it is important that you do it, you must understand and assimilate the new situation and this is a good way to do it.
- You can see how many times you want the photos you have with your pet, on the one hand this helps you express what you feel and on the other hand to assimilate the situation, to mourn and understand that your pet has left.
- Children are especially sensitive to the death of a pet, so they should try to express themselves freely as well, that they may feel entitled to feel everything they feel. If over time the child’s attitude has not recovered, he may need a child psychology therapy.
- It was defined that the time of mourning for the death of an animal should not be more than one month, otherwise it would be a pathological mourning. But do not take into account this time, every situation is different and it may be that you take longer.
- If your pet’s death is suffering from anxiety, insomnia, apathy … You may also need specialized care to help you.
- Try to be positive and remember the happiest moments at your side, keep the best memories you can and try to smile whenever you think about it.
- You can try to end the pain of your deceased pet by offering a home to an animal you do not yet have, your heart will be filled with love and affection once again.
Also read our article on what to do if your pet died .