Eliminate fleas from cats
Does your cat have fleas ? If the presence of these small animals in the body of your pet is detected, it is important to start the deworming process as soon as possible, to try to prevent the infection from progressing and the plague to spread in your home. There are some products that you can get at the veterinarian and they will help you eliminate fleas from cats but there are also a number of home remedies ideal for your cat to be free of parasites again. In this article of YourCatCareguide we indicate to you different ways to kill fleas.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
Detect fleas on a cat
There are some symptoms that can help you detect if your cat has fleas . The most obvious sign is if you see that it does not stop scratching especially in areas such as the base of the tail or head, which is where these animals are usually housed. However, it is possible that the plague has spread and that the animal has fleas throughout the body. Also we can see that the cat is less willing to play, spend more time lying down and it is seen that it has lack of energy . If the pet asks more frequently that the brush may be because it is infected and needs to relieve the itching.
The best way to check if a cat has fleas is by passing an anti-flea brush , those that have fine bristles. See carefully if the comb has picked up some nits, larvae or a flea (they are very small so you have to look good). You can also choose to clean the cat’s fur and check your skin, looking for the presence not only of fleas, but also of their tracks, such as excrement, nits, etc.
In this article we give you 10 steps to care for a cat .
Wipe out a cat
If you have done the pertinent checks and confirmed that your cat has fleas, the next step is to consult the veterinarian to advise you of some of the anti-flea methods that exist. The most recommended are the following:
- Pipettes : are one of the most commonly used antiparasitics because they are very easy to use and very effective. This is a product that is applied in the back line of the animal (area that can be accessed during your daily washes) and is active immediately killing the fleas that lodged in the body of your pet.
- Antiparasitic collars are made of plastic and contain insecticides that repel fleas and kill them if they have been lodged in the animal’s body. Its duration can reach approximately 3 months, and when this time comes you should change it for a new collar because its effectiveness disappears. It is the alternative to pipettes although the first ones last much longer and do not disturb the feline.
- Anti-flea shampoos: These shampoos essentially serve to help eliminate cat fleas. It is not recommended that they be used as a preventive method since to protect the animal would have to give him bath every two days, something that does not match the nature of the cats.
Once you have dewormed the cat, you will need to clean your house thoroughly. Keep in mind that these animals are housed in any space and may have laid eggs on the sofa, pillow or any other space that your cat has climbed. Therefore, it is best to disinfect your home to prevent them from getting back into your cat’s body.
Home Remedies for Fleas
In addition to these medical treatments just mentioned, you should know that there are also some natural methods with which you will be able to eliminate fleas from cats . In YourCatCareguide we indicate the best:
- Essential oils : You can mix a few drops of citronella or lavender oil together with the anti-flea shampoo to improve the deworming process. Citronella is one of the natural insect repellents most commonly used both for animals and for people and the aroma of lavender also functions as a natural insecticide. However, this remedy is not advised for cats under 1 year as it can cause itchy skin.
- Lemon : The citrus scent also repels insects, so a good way to kill fleas is to mix the juice squeezed from a lemon with a little water (they should be the same amounts of juice as water). Once you have it ready, add it in a spray bottle and spray a little of this mixture on your cat.
- Chamomile : Making an infusion of chamomile is also a good home remedy for fleas. You just have to boil some water with chamomile and when you spend about 10 minutes strain the infusion to extract the remains of the herb. Then you can soak a cloth with this infusion and apply on the body of your cat.
Prevent fleas in cats
To protect your cat from fleas it is important that you apply the pipette, as previously mentioned or that, put on a anti-parasitic leash , this way you will keep away the insects. But in addition, it is also recommended that you brush your cat every week to control that it remains wormed and has an exhaustive control of his state of health.
A more natural way to do this is to have a citronella plant at home or lavender , as you prefer. We have already mentioned that the aroma of both plants repels the insects, so it will be a good way to prevent the fleas from invading your house. We also recommend that you keep your house in good hygienic condition so that your cat lives in perfect condition.
This article is purely informative, in YourCatCareguide.com.br we do not have the capacity to prescribe veterinary treatments nor to make any type of diagnosis. We suggest you bring your pet to the veterinarian in case of any type of condition or malaise.
If you want to read the similar articles to Eliminate fleas of cats , we recommend you to enter our section of deworming and deworming .