Bathing the dog at home: advice and products
Bathing the dog at home is a very common and fun option, since dogs should be washed by their owners regularly. Those who are long-haired should do it every two or three weeks, while short-haired ones should do it every month or a month and a half.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
Some people find it difficult to do so, and so they lead us to canine esthetics centers, although you should know that bathing your dog fosters your relationship and builds trust in the dog. Then, in YourCatCareguide, we will give you the necessary tips to bathe the dog at home , with some advice and necessary products .
What do you need?
Bathing is a necessary routine for our dog to eliminate excess dead hair and to sanitize to prevent diseases and external parasites. In addition to preventing your dog from smelling badly, bathing is for many pets a relaxing and enjoyable time with your best friend’s company, ie you.
Each dog is different and has a specific type of hair that will determine how often it should be washed and with which products it is advisable to do so.
To bathe the dog, you must have some basic products and first of all it is important to have everything ready, in this way we can prevent our dog from leaving the bathtub or that we can not finish the process. Therefore, gather the following material:
- Shampoo for puppies
Although there are natural tricks with the use of apple cider vinegar for example, the shampoos already prepared contain repellents to increase the effectiveness of the pipette that we will apply later. Inquire about the properties that the products you apply have and take special care of those dogs that have skin problems .
If you already have all these elements together, then you can start the wonderful task of bathing your dog. Wear comfortable clothes and get ready to get wet a few times!
10 Tips for Bathing the Dog
Make bathing a positive and rewarding experience for both of us, so we offer you 10 tips to make your dog’s bath perfect:
- The dog’s skin is covered by a very thin layer of fat that protects it and isolates it from infections and parasites, so it is very important not to give too much bathing to your dogbecause the layers of natural protection can be affected and stop Act. Depending on your hygienic state or your skin type, you should wash your dog more or less frequently.
- Always use dog- specific products . Never make the mistake of bathing your dog with your own shampoo, since the needs of your skin and hair type are very different. Purchase these types of shampoos at specialty stores for dogs and pets.
- Be calm all the time. As during the walk, your pet should always be quiet, so in the bath should something similar occur. You should understand that this is more of a routine and therefore you will not be showered when you are aroused.
- The first time is fundamental. It is very important that during the first few times you bathe your dog to enjoy the water and the dog specific accessories with which he can play. Make your pet feel good, and every other time you give him a bath will be easier.
- Water temperature is very important. The water has to be warm but hotter than cool. The temperature of the dogs can vary between 37 – 38ºC, so we must be very careful with cold water.
- Avoid water on the ears. You have to control that water does not enter the dog’s ears as it can causes very painful inflammation. It is advisable to cover the ears of the dog with dog-specific tampons.
- Start with the head. First wash the dog’s head carefully and with lots of caresses. The dog should be relaxed and caressed, so this is a reassuring moment for him. Enjoy to massage the dog in the ears.
- Beware of the humidity . Strive to dry the entire body of the animal and prevent it from getting too wet. It is recommended that you use a dog dryer, this type of dryer makes less noise so as not to scare the animal.
- Brush the hair at the end unhurriedly and when the dog is lying down, this will prevent it from laying more fur and can untangle any nodes that may exist.
- But it is very important that, enjoy the moment and try to have the dog enjoy the moment like you.
If there are dark copper-colored spots on your dog under your dog’s eyes, be sure to clean and dry them soon, keeping them moist may lead to a bacterial infection.
Remember that cleaning your dog does not end with just a shower. It is imperative that you clean your ears, teeth and eyes with the regularity you deserve to be 100% healthy.