Tips for Tear Stains on Dogs
Spotted brown or red spots under your dog’s eyes? The epiphora occurs when the dog’s eye cries in excess , this is usually a consequence of obstructions of the conduits, due to poor diets or an allergy.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
Iron, magnesium and other minerals come into contact with the air and when the dog cries rust, creating a dark shadow that gives our pet a sad look. In addition, as a direct consequence of dampness, fungi and bacteria may appear to darken the spots further. For this reason, in YourCatCareguide we will give you several tips for tear stains on dogs .
What are the causes of tear stains?
Before starting to use any product you should make sure that it is not a health problem , so we advise you to consult your veterinarian, who will explain the reasons why your dog cries and will find you a solution:
- Nasolacrimal canal obstruction – Occurs in small dogs with a strong physical like the Pug, although it may also appear in larger breeds like the Boxer. The veterinarian will perform a cleaning on a regular basis to prevent this from happening.
- Allergies – If the problem happens since the introduction of a new food, you should check if your puppy suffers from some type of allergy. Sometimes soy or corn will cause unwanted reactions that you discard by consulting with your veterinarian to take the appropriate tests.
- Nutritional deficiencies – Do you really know what your puppy needs? Find out about dog food to see if the product you offer your dog has all the vitamins and proteins you need.
Remember that the appearance of dark spots under the eyes is common in older puppies, in small breeds like Chihuahuas or Shih-Tzu in addition to those that are white in color.
Products to eliminate stains from the dog’s tears
You’ll find a myriad of more or less efficient products for treating your dog’s tear stains.
Its composition is based on a chemical antioxidant that gradually eliminates the darkness around your eyes. It is imperative that you follow the indications of the product and that at the time of application be careful not to come into contact with your eyes.
To apply it, a thin, different gauze will suffice for each eye, and then rub carefully. Then remove with a damp cloth or paper. Keep in mind that depending on the severity of the house, you can do it once or twice a day.
Natural Remedies to Eliminate Tear Stains from the Dog
In addition to the products that exist for sale, you can even help the disappearance of unwanted blemishes that dirty your dog’s hair. Here is a short list of natural remedies :
- Low Mineral Water – Providing your pet with water containing less minerals will help the disappearance of tear stains in the eyes.
- Hygiene – Often notice your dog’s eyes to make sure no unwanted objects or hair come in. In addition, you should make sure to dry the tear and frequently clean your environment and toys to prevent the proliferation of bacteria.
- Apple cider vinegar – Add a tablespoon to the dog’s water, this way you will be creating an acid medium.