Tips for bathing a cat with fleas
Fleas can become a real torture when they attack your cat. Not only does it cause an unbearable itching, it also causes disease and becomes difficult to eliminate.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
In YourCatCareguide we know that for sure you know several methods that exist to eliminate the fleas of your cat , and that uses the one that is more convenient and that it obtains better results in his feline friend. However, several of these methods are much more effective if accompanied by a good shower, so we’ll give you some tips to bathe a cat with fleas .
The importance of bathing
Anyone who has a cat at home knows perfectly well that it’s complicated to make them friends with water. Instinctively, the cat will avoid getting wet at all costs, so he needs some tricks to bathe.
Although many veterinarians do not recommend frequent bathing with the cat because with their extensive hygiene system, there are often situations where it is necessary to give them a hand, such as when the fleas invade them. In this regard, an anti-flea bath can serve to rid your pet of these troublesome parasites , or act as a booster in the process. If you use a specific anti-flea cat shampoo, we recommend that you consult your veterinarian to find out which brands are most suitable. Or, if you prefer, you can make your own anti-flea shampoo for cats by following our advice.
Cats less than 3 months old and without vaccines can not bathe, so in these situations you should consult a specialist about how best to take the fleas. Also, be sure to check out our article on home remedies for fleas on baby cats .
Next, we’ll give you some recommendations to keep in mind if you need to give your cat an anti-flea bath.
Before Bath to Eliminate Cat Fleas
Before bathing your cat with fleas, it is essential to gather everything you need :
- 2 towels;
- 1 small bathtub;
- 2 containers of smaller size;
- Anti-flea shampoo for cats;
- An anti-flea tooth comb;
- Prizes for your feline or toys.
When using a bathtub, it prevents the cat from getting nervous just by entering the bathtub of your bathroom. You should put a towel inside the bath so you can scratch it during the bath. One of the smaller containers is for watering your cat and the other for fleas. The shampoo and comb will eliminate most of the parasites. Now that you have everything you need to bathe your cat with fleas, consider the following recommendations:
- Cut your cat’s nails to prevent it from hurting him during the process.
- Brush the hair to eliminate all dead hair and to make the task simpler.
- A while before bathing, habitat the cat to touch behind the ears and around the legs.
Advice to take into account during the bath
Now, it’s time for the bath! To make it as effective as possible and to eliminate fleas from your cat with ease, follow our recommendations:
- Keep calm and talk to the feline with love, using a calm and gentle tone. It is normal for you to be nervous and try to escape, so it is important to convey your peace of mind.
- Keep the bathroom door closed to prevent it from running away. If necessary, ask for help from another person.
- Put two cotton balls in the ears of your cat to avoid getting water.
- Fill the tub with a little warm water and insert the animal’s paws first.
- When you feel good with wet feet, moisten other parts of your body with your hand, and little by little you can use one of the small containers to wet your hair further.
- When the hair is wet, apply anti-flea shampoo . Fleas will try to escape from the head, so draw with a shampoo and water a kind of paste around the neck to prevent this from happening.
- Massage the shampoo all over the cat’s body, giving emphasis to the hair, neck and tail, but be careful with eyes, nose and ears.
- As you see the fleas fidget trying to escape, pick them up with your fingers or with the comb and place them in the second small container, which will have hot water next to them to eliminate them.
- After getting enough foam, use the comb to remove the fleas and drop them in the hot water container.
- When finished, thoroughly wash your cat’s hair so that no soap residue remains.
After cat bath
Once the task of bathing your cat with fleas is finished, and all parasites are eliminated, it is time to completely dry all of your cat’s hair so that it does not get wet or wet. Then reward your pet with some cat treat or your favorite toy. Remember that positive reinforcement is key to avoid associating the bath with something negative and to behave well the next time.
It is not enough to bathe your cat to eliminate fleas, as these also lodge in certain places of the house, so you should perform a deep cleaning not only of all areas where your feline is usually, but also of your bed, toys , sandbox and even all the furniture and carpets of the house.
- To eliminate fleas and eggs, wash all your cat’s articles with hot water and steam clean the rooms of your house.
- Wash the soil with water and vinegar, and use the vacuum cleaner to thoroughly clean carpets. If necessary, place natural repellents in different areas of the home.
This article is purely informative, in YourCatCareguide.com.br we do not have the capacity to prescribe veterinary treatments nor to make any type of diagnosis. We suggest you bring your pet to the veterinarian in case of any type of condition or malaise.
If you want to read the similar articles to Tips to bathe a cat with fleas , we recommend you to enter our section of deworming and deworming .