Symptoms of first cio of the bitch
When a bitch has her first heat her body is considered to have reached sexual maturity , which does not necessarily imply that the bitch is ready to breed, since reproduction during the first heat is often a hasty decision.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
There are several characteristics that accompany the dog’s butt, but one of the most important is the sexual receptivity, that is, when the dog is in heat, it will accept to be mounted by a male and it is essential to control this factor to avoid an unwanted pregnancy .
But how do you know that the bitch finds herself in this moment when she is sexually receptive and also for the first time? In this Animal Expert article we will help you by showing you the symptoms of the first heat of a bitch .
When do I wait for the first heat of my bitch?
Throughout the coexistence with a dog, the owner will be able to understand without effort all the processes and cycles inherent to the estrus in dogs , however, if the dog has not entered the estrus previously, to know approximately when it will produce the estrus can help human family to predict this moment more easily.
Not all bitches have the first heat at the same time and this will depend mainly on the size of the bitch:
- Little bitches have their first heat between 6 and 12 months.
- If the breed is medium or large the first heat tends to appear between 7 and 13 months.
- For giant breed bitches the first estrus can be delayed up to 24 months, although it is possible to appear after 16 months.
Why do symptoms appear in the first heat?
The estrus cycle comprises the estrous cycle, a cycle mainly dominated by two hormones: estrogen and progesterone.
The variation in the concentrations of these hormones is responsible for the various changes that the bitch suffers, not only on a physical level but also on a behavioral level, although it is very important that she knows that these manifestations are part of a physiological and natural process and are not harmful for your pet .
Usually it occurs twice a year, although it is also considered normal for a female dog to have only one year of estrus. The duration of estrus ranges from 2 to 4 weeks and the various changes that occur can be observed during this period.
Symptoms of first heat and a bitch
During the first estrus of a dog the following symptoms are observed:
- The ovulation and the objective of the bitch is produced and reproduced, so it will be receptive to any male that wants to mount it
- Shows greater interest in male dogs on their walks
- The behavior changes and the bitch is more caring and playful, can complain in different ways a greater attention on the part of his human family
- The vulva of the bitch is inflamed and it gains a darker color, usually this symptom comes accompanied by an insistent licking in this region
- The bitch may lose some of her appetite and eat much less during heat
- It is normal for small vaginal blood losses to occur
When the dog’s heat can be pathological
How to know that the first heat of the dog develops in a completely healthy way? Just as the symptoms shown above are normal, the ones we’ve listed below may indicate that something is not right :
- White vaginal discharge
- Yellowish vaginal discharge
- Greenish vaginal secretion
- Breast inflammation
- Excessive bleeding
- Obsessive Behavior
- Continuous weeping
- Significant increase in water intake
If you notice these symptoms during the first time of the dog, it is important that you go to the veterinarian as quickly as possible, so you can rule out or confirm the presence of any anomaly and treat it in time if necessary.