Symptoms of a cat in heat
When a cat is in heat it is difficult not to notice, some breeds may be more discreet than others, but in general they communicate perfectly when they are in heat.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
If you are thinking about adopting a cat, it may be good to know when you are in heat, so keep reading this article of the Expert and know the symptoms of a cat in heat .
In addition to the usual symptoms about the cats in heat we will also show you some curiosities and information about sterilization.
The cats in the heat emit characteristic features that are much longer than the usual meows, in addition to being stronger and with a much larger volume.
In addition to the constant meows, the cats roar on the ground, writhing and raise their genitals pointing to our faces. It is also common to rub on our legs more often than normal.
There are also characteristic meows as they cross, the typical cry of cat crossing .
When the cats are in heat their sex organs get inflamed and lick more often, but they may not bleed, it depends a lot on cat to cat. Some cats may eventually mark the territory with a very strong urine when they are in heat.
Seducing the males
Another characteristic of the cio of the cats is that they are seductive with all the male beings of house, independently of the age of the human being. Other male pets are also seduced by female felines.
If you do not close the door to your bedroom, it is likely that the cat will enter your room (usually at dawn) to mourn and make you know what your needs are.
Stages of estrus
The estrus of cats has 5 phases:
- Proestro: This phase lasts about two days, although the cat is not properly in heat. A common symptom is that it is more tender than normal.
- Estro : This phase is when the cat clearly shows her heat with strong meows and body pirouettes. In this period is when the cat is more receptive with the males. It is a period that lasts between 3 and 15 days. The usual duration is one week.
- Interestro : This stage is when there is no ovulation between estrus and another, and lasts an average of 7 days, ranging from 2 to 19 days. During this phase no playback signal is seen.
- Right : That’s when the cat ovulated without getting pregnant. In these cases the cat usually shows symptoms identical to the state of pregnancy, accusing a false pregnancy that could lead to another proestrus.
- Anestro : It is a long period without heat, usually occurs during the winter.
Light and heat
It has been demonstrated that the estrus times in cats are more frequent from the beginning of spring , prolonging these periods of heat until the end of the summer. This phenomenon is related to the greater hours of sunlight. It has also been shown that short-haired cats have longer periods of estrus than long-haired cats.
Apparently, the cat’s instinct considers that in a longer period of sunlight, it is easier to raise her litters because she will hunt for more food.
Sterilization of the cats
Cats can be sterilized and the problem of heat disappears , except for a few times that the cat can simulate a very mild heat. There is a false theory that says that for cats to be healthier they must have puppies at least once. That is not true.
You should know that the sterilization of the cats can decrease the chances of having tumors when they grow. It also makes them more stable. Learn more about the benefits of castrating a cat in our article.
This article is purely informative, in YourCatCareguide.com.br we do not have the capacity to prescribe veterinary treatments nor to make any type of diagnosis. We suggest that you bring your pet to the veterinarian in case of any type of condition or malaise.
If you want to see more items that are similar to Symptoms of a cat in heat , we recommend that you enter our section on Other health problems .