Probiotics for puppies
When we welcome a dog into our home we must be able to satisfy his basic needs and this is a good diet , which allows him to feel healthy and energetic.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
Sometimes, due to an inadequate diet or due to other factors, the intestinal flora in a dog is altered and this can have serious consequences for his health, which can be prevented naturally.
So, in this article of YourCatCareguide we show you the probiotics for dogs .
The intestinal flora in a dog
As with humans, dogs also have intestinal flora or intestinal microbiota. This refers to a set of beneficial bacteria that are naturally present in the gut and which are vitally important to the health of our pet as they fulfill the following functions:
- They intervene in the digestion of food and are necessary for an adequate absorption of the nutrients.
- They are essential for the synthesis of some vitamins and minerals
- Protect the digestive system from pathogenic bacteria
- They help the dog to have an optimum level of vigor and energy
There are numerous strains of beneficial bacteria in our dog’s intestinal flora, but we must highlight the following as the most important:
- Bifidobacterium animalis
- Bifidobacterium lactis
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
- Bifidobacterium longum
- Lactobacillus casei
- Lactobacillus plantarum
- Lactobacillus bulgarious
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
- Bacillus coagulans
Imbalances in the dog’s intestinal flora
Imbalances in the dog’s intestinal flora directly affect health and can cause the following symptoms :
- Abdominal bloating
- Signs of abdominal pain
- Increased intestinal gas
- Decreased immune response
Changes in intestinal flora can have several causes : although the most common are changes in food, administration of a poor quality ration, high in nondigestible proteins, or antibiotic treatment .
To restore the intestinal flora of our pet is essential to determine the underlying cause to eliminate it, but in parallel we need to resort to probiotics .
What are probiotics for puppies?
Probiotics for dogs are products formulated based on strains of bacteria that normally inhabit the dog’s intestine and are beneficial to your health. They are not considered a pharmacological treatment but a nutritional supplement.
We must distinguish probiotics from prebiotics and symbiotics, let us see below the differences between each product:
- Probiotics : Directly contain the strains of beneficial bacteria present in the dog’s intestine.
- Prebiotics : Contain non-assimilable substances (such as certain types of fiber) that serve as food for beneficial bacteria and allow the development of them.
- Symbiotics : These are products that incorporate a mixture of probiotics and prebiotics.
How to choose a good probiotic for our dog
Probiotics are especially recommended for diarrhea or gastrointestinal disorders and after or parallel to antibiotic treatment.
It is very important to offer our pet a good quality product, and to ensure this we recommend following these tips:
- Choose a specific probiotic for dogs
- Choose a probiotic that contains at least 10 strains of bacteria
- Choose a quality product, for this, on the label must observe the GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Ask the advice of a veterinarian
Dog probiotics are completely safe nutritional supplements . Treatment is recommended as indicated on the package to ensure proper restoration of intestinal flora.