Natural Remedies for Gastroenteritis in Dogs
As we have mentioned on other occasions, dogs are likely to suffer from various diseases that they may also observe in us. On some occasions, these diseases are not serious and are only a response of the body seeking to cope with a particular situation through its own healing resources.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
For an owner to notice these reactions in the body of your pet is essential to spend time with him, to observe and know him well so that he can determine those signs that show that something is not right.
If in these cases you like to treat your dog naturally, in this article of the Expert Animal, we show you the natural remedies for gastroenteritis in dogs .
What is gastroenteritis?
The canine gastroenteritis is a mild disease unless it complicate. It is characterized by an inflammatory condition that affects both the stomach and the intestines.
On most occasions, gastroenteritis obeys a reaction of the body that tries to clean the digestive system , whether due to a food in poor condition or due to a pathogen.
Precisely because gastroenteritis is actually a defense mechanism, it is important to support it through natural means rather than to annul it through pharmacological treatments, although we reiterate that the latter procedure may be necessary in serious cases.
Animals are very instinctive and precisely the conservation of their intestines has a great “wisdom”. For this reason, in the face of an illness, the animal usually stops eating so that all the energy of the organism can be directed to the digestive process.
On the other hand, some companion animals accustomed to the facilities of domestic life are real eaters and do not stop eating anything even if they are bad.
In this case, the owner should apply a fasting period of 24 hours , which obviously refers to deprivation of food but not of hydration.
During this period the dog must have water or, better still, a homemade serum of oral rehydration.
Fasting controlled for 24 hours allows the digestive system to be cleaned more easily and seeks a faster recovery from gastroenteritis.
Natural Remedies for Gastroenteritis in Dogs
In addition to the importance of fasting and gradual recovery from normal eating after the period of food deprivation, you have other natural remedies that are very helpful in alleviating the symptoms associated with canine gastroenteritis:
- Garlic : The toxicity of garlic in dogs has been much discussed and the certainty is that in quantity there is the secret. When the dog begins to regain its normal eating, chop a clove of garlic daily for your food. Garlic is highly antibacterial and will help the digestive system to effectively combat a possible infection.
- Probiotics : Probiotics are products that contain strains of bacteria present in the intestinal flora beneficial to the body. For this reason, it is very important that you get a specific probiotic for dogs. This product will help alleviate symptoms and will improve bowel defenses.
- Nux Vomica or Noz-vomica: Nux Vomica is a homeopathic remedy widely used for gastrointestinal diseases. In this case we will use a dilution 7CH, that is, it must dilute 3 grains in 5 ml of water. Give by mouth with a plastic syringe.
Other advice for the natural treatment of canine gastroenteritis
If your pet has gastroenteritis and wants to treat this disease naturally it is important that he be responsible, the following advice will help to improve the health of your dog :
- If gastroenteritis does not improve in 36 hours, you should see your veterinarian.
- If the dog has a fever, lethargy or weakness in his movements, veterinary assistance will be essential.
- After the period of fasting the dog should return to his usual diet progressively, starting first with a soft diet
- On no occasion should you medicate your dog with drugs approved for human use, even if they work with you in the case of gastroenteritis, since your physiology is completely different.
This article is purely informative, in YourCatCareguide.com.br we do not have the capacity to prescribe veterinary treatments nor to make any type of diagnosis. We suggest you bring your pet to the veterinarian in case of any type of condition or malaise.
If you want to read more articles that are products of Natural Remedies for Gastroenteritis in Dogs , we recommend that you enter our section of Gastrointestinal Problems .