Natural anti-inflammatories for dogs
The organism of our four-legged friends is truly complex, in fact, both anatomically and physiologically it has important similarities with the human organism, so it is also susceptible to contracting various diseases.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
The inflammation or inflammatory process is not a serious condition nor a disease in itself, this is because it may be due to several pathologies, therefore it is essential veterinary supervision.
If you want to treat your dog in a natural and respectful way with your body, in this Animal Expert article we show you the best natural anti-inflammatory for dogs .
What to do in the face of an inflammatory process
If your dog suffers an inflammatory process you may notice the following symptoms:
- Pain : The dog manifests pain through restlessness, groans or changes in appetite and behavior.
- Heat : The inflamed region shows an increase in body temperature that is noticeable to the touch.
- Tumor : refers to the swelling that occurs in the inflamed tissues and which is also easily noticeable through physical exploration.
- Flushing : The inflamed area presents redness, and is especially visible when the inflammation is accompanied by skin wounds.
As we mentioned earlier inflammation is not a disease and is not usually a serious condition either, but veterinary attention is imperative as it can be caused by a pathology that requires immediate medical treatment, such as canine arthrosis in the early stages of progression.
You can not give anti-inflammatories to your dog , much less if they are for human use, but once the underlying cause of the inflammation is determined, it is possible to treat it with natural anti-inflammatories , which act effectively but without causing the effects collaterals typical of some chemical drugs with anti-inflammatory activity.
Natural anti-inflammatories for dogs
Then we tell you what are those natural anti-inflammatory for dogs , which in addition to being innocuous can easily manage to treat your pet :
- Arnica Montana : this is one of the best topical anti-inflammatory. You can apply it through a cream that contains the vegetable extract and is suitable for pets. However we recommend oral administration of the homeopathic remedy . Arnica Monta 9 CH: 3 grains dissolved in 5 milliliters of water, 2 times a day. You should always administer homeopathy separately from food.
- Turmeric : Turmeric is a culinary spice with various medicinal properties, among which stands out to be an incredible anti-inflammatory substance. The dose of turmeric for dogs ranges from 15 to 20 milligrams per kilogram of body weight, since it guarantees a greater proportion of the active principle curcumin, responsible for the anti-inflammatory activity.
- Blue Fish : The most natural option of this anti-inflammatory for dogs is blue fish; however, we can also give our pet other nutritional supplements like fish oil. This type of fish contains large amounts of essential fatty acids Omega 3, which has a potent anti-inflammatory effect.
- Devil’s Claw: Devil’s Claw is an anti-inflammatory medicinal plant that can be applied in chronic processes for prolonged periods of time without this entailing any collateral damage to the dog.
- Localized heat : is the natural anti-inflammatory for dogs simpler, but also one of the most effective. Simply apply a heat bag or hot water bottle to the affected region. Heat causes blood vasodilation and as a consequence reduces inflammation and pain.
- Valerian : Valerian for dogs is an exceptional remedy and we can use it as an anti-inflammatory when the inflammation is due to a muscle disorder, since the plant is useful to decrease muscle contractures as well as the tension accumulated in the muscle.
Responsible natural treatment
The natural remedies for the inflammation of the dog that we show you are largely safe and do not provoke toxicity , however, to apply them responsibly we recommend that you take into account the following considerations:
- Use these anti-inflammatories under the supervision of the veterinarian , because although they are innocuous, some may interact with certain drugs and in addition an individualized adjustment of the doses is necessary.
- To complete the treatment of inflammation, your dog should rest . You should monitor and ensure that no excessive movements occur that affect the inflamed region.
- If the inflammation does not subside in a few days, go back to the vet.
This article is purely informative, in YourCatCareguide.com.br we do not have the capacity to prescribe veterinary treatments nor to make any type of diagnosis. We suggest you bring your pet to the veterinarian in case of any type of condition or malaise.
If you would like to see more information about products from Natural Anti-inflammatories for Dogs , please visit our First Aid section .