Natural anti-inflammatories for cats
The use of human drugs can be very dangerous for our pets if they have not been prescribed by the veterinarian, likewise, many veterinary drugs, although properly administered, can have several side effects in trying to treat some of the most common diseases in cats .
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
The side effects of some veterinary drugs are potentially dangerous when you have to follow a treatment for prolonged periods of time, it is then that we need to protect the health of our cat in a more natural way with regard to your body.
In this article of Animal Expert we explain to you the best natural anti-inflammatory for cats.
The process of inflammation in cats
Inflammatory processes are not very different if they occur in the body of a cat or in our body, in both cases the inflammation can be due to very diverse causes , among which we can highlight a traumatism, a bone disease or a viral disease , fungal or bacterial. The inflammatory process is mediated by several chemical reactions, but ends up characterized by the following symptoms :
- Tumor : refers to the swelling that occurs in the inflamed tissues.
- Flushing : for increased blood supply we can observe inflamed areas of a redder color, this becomes especially evident when the inflammation occurs due to wounds.
- Heat : also due to a greater blood supply in the inflamed zone will present a higher body temperature.
- Pain : The cat may manifest it in various ways, with greater restlessness, difficulty in movement or changes in appetite.
Natural Remedies for Inflammation in Cats
If your cat shows symptoms of inflammation it will be a priority to refer to the veterinarian as soon as possible, as it is very important to determine the cause of the inflammation . If it is not a serious condition, the veterinarian will indicate whether pharmacological treatment can be dispensed with and more natural therapeutic resources can be used .
If this is the case, you should know that there are several natural anti-inflammatories for cats , some very simple but no less effective. Let’s see what they are:
- Localized heat : If you have a thermal bag or a hot water bottle, have an anti-inflammatory for your cat. When we apply localized heat to the affected area there is a dilation of the blood vessels, which reduces inflammation and relieves the pain very quickly.
- Marigold : Marigold is a plant, in fact, it is the best plant to use when inflammation is associated with wounds. We can apply tincture of this plant through a hot water compress over the affected area, although it is ideal to buy a calendula-based cream that does not present contraindications if applied topically to the cat.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is useful for treating inflammation as it increases the levels of potassium in the cat’s body, thus facilitating the clearance of the body and also all substances that are part of the inflammatory process and aggravate it. One teaspoon of vinegar should be added to the cat’s water once a day, refreshing the water the next day.
- Turmeric : Turmeric is a spice with various medicinal properties, among them, it has anti-inflammatory activity. Just add half a teaspoon of turmeric to the cat’s food each day.
- Olive oil and blue fish : These foods contain essential fatty acids and omega-3, which have an important anti-inflammatory activity, which in addition, is very effective.
It is important that you consult your veterinarian before applying any of these remedies, given that taking into account your cat’s medical history, it can confirm whether there is any contraindication or not.
Other advice for treating inflammation in cats
Here are some other tips that will help make the natural treatment against inflammation more effective:
- If the affected area compromises some of your cat’s mobility, it is imperative that you try with all your strength that it will remain a large part of the day at rest , since the more we move the inflamed tissue, the more it will ignite.
- The pain produced by the inflammation can reduce your cat’s appetite, so you should feed it with moist, scented, and tasty food .
- When the inflammation is associated with a trauma with open wounds it is important to apply an antiseptic (your veterinarian will indicate the best) and whenever it is possible not to cover the wound so as to favor a better cicatrization.
- We must ensure that our cat drinks as much water as possible and decreases the presence of salt in his food , thereby reducing his body volume and improving the evolution of inflamed tissue.
- Do not give it anti-inflammatories for human use, it could result in cat death .
This article is purely informative, in YourCatCareguide.com.br we do not have the capacity to prescribe veterinary treatments nor to make any type of diagnosis. We suggest you bring your pet to the veterinarian in case of any type of condition or malaise.
If you want to see more products like that , Natural Anti-inflammatories for Cats , we recommend that you enter our Other Health Issues section .