How often should I clean my cat?
Among the care we take with our cats is the schedule of vaccines and the annual deworming. Many times we remember the first ones but the parasites are easily forgotten. The deworming serves to eliminate from the digestive system or the hair of our animal the different undesirable guests who try to colonize.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
In this article of YourCatCareguide we will clarify for you a doubt that is very frequent in the owners of felines, which is relative to the frequency of deworming in cats . Keep reading and find out the answer and our advice.
Is it important to wipe my cat?
Cats are very clean animals, but against parasites no one gets saved. We must protect them both internally and externally. It is never recommended to wait for parasites to begin with the treatment. Remember that prevention is always better than cure.
First one must remember that there are internal parasites like intestinal weeds and external parasites like fleas and ticks. Remember to take good care of your animal daily and, when in doubt, consult the veterinarian for your diagnosis. It is important to follow the doctor’s recommendations closely and respect the schedule that you recommend.
Deworming of kittens
From the 6 weeks of life , our little feline is already able to be dewormed. There are calendars that indicate that we should take 3 shots until the 3 months of life, so it should take 1 shot every 2 weeks .
Usually to facilitate the process, products are chosen in drops. Puppies are very vulnerable to internal parasites at this stage of their life and can cause them serious health problems. But this is at the discretion of the veterinarian according to the origin of our animal and what exposure has these occasional small guests.
At the external level, to protect you from the attacks of fleas and ticks, which are the ones that most concern our little feline we find several products:
- Pipettes : ideal for those who have access to the outdoors like terraces or gardens. You can apply up to 1 per month (always following the indications of the product).
- Sprays : they are more economical but less efficient and at risk of ingesting them and causing them unnecessary internal damage. Nasal skin allergies may also occur.
- Collars : They are effective for indoor cats but we should get used to small so as not to cause discomfort in your body.
Desparasitação of adult cats
As we mentioned in the previous point, until the 3 months of life our kitten will be protected, then we must continue with the calendar in its adult phase.
The normal thing is that in the veterinary consultation find owners who believe that as their cat does not leave the house, and lives alone, is not exposed to these phenomena. But this is not correct, we can be parasite carriers that affect our animal. Therefore, we must follow the schedule proposed by the veterinarian.
- It is recommended that internally, at least 2 annual deworms should be made , with drops or tablets. Always on the recommendation of the veterinarian. Read our complete guide to deworming for cats .
- In the case of external parasites , fleas are the most common and ticks on animals that are outside. But the recommended products are the same ones mentioned above (collars, pipettes and spray) and the repetition should be according to each product chosen.
This article is purely informative, in YourCatCareguide.com.br we do not have the capacity to prescribe veterinary treatments nor to make any type of diagnosis. We suggest that you bring your pet to the veterinarian in case of any type of condition or malaise.
If you want to read the similar articles in How often do I need to desparasitar my cat? , we recommend you to enter our section of deworming and deworming .