Home remedy to kill fleas on the dog
The dog is man’s best friend, and as his best friend the human being takes care of him in every way: feed him, cleanse him, bathe him and take care of him. In contrast, the dog offers protection, companionship, loyalty and affection.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
Dog hygiene is very important, not only to avoid bad odors at home, but also to keep your furry friend free of external parasites such as fleas and ticks, as well as clean and fresh, although at times it may seem not to like the bath and be annoying to humans.
That’s why at YourCatCareguide we want to give you a list of home remedies to eliminate fleas on dogs , to get rid of this pesky pest that affects the health of your dog in a completely natural and economical way.
Remedies with citrus
Fleas hate citrus , so let’s give you three home remedies for dog fleas that you can prepare very easily at home:
- Scrub your pet’s hair with lemon, lime, orange or other citrus fruit, this will keep the fleas away.
- Boil a quart of water and add a few slices of lemon. Let it cool all night, and the next day pour the water all over the dog’s body, avoiding the muzzle and eyes. You do not need to bathe afterwards, but you should be aware of your dog’s reaction. If you notice any discomfort, remove with plenty of water immediately.
- For the house, spray this same mixture made with lemon and water in the areas where fleas are housed, such as cushions and rugs.
Kill fleas with vinegar
Vinegar is an excellent home remedy for killing fleas on the dog, as the strong smell kills them and keeps them away . There are several benefits of apple cider vinegar , not just related to parasites, as this product also favors the gloss of the hair, for example.
- Anti-flea bath : You’ll need a cup of vinegar and a cup of liquid detergent. Mix both ingredients in a bowl, you will use this to bathe your dog. Moisten the hair and then spread the mixture you prepared. Leave it on for half an hour and use a flea comb to remove it from your hair. Then wash the dog very well to remove all excess. Repeat this procedure twice a week.
- Repellent : Mix half a cup of water with half a cup of apple cider vinegar and put in a sprayer. Spray on your dog to eliminate fleas and relieve itching. You can also add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar or white vinegar in the dog’s water container, this keeps the fleas away and provides luster to the hair. This recipe works like a homemade frontline
- Anti-flea shampoo : You’ll need some dog shampoo, half a cup of water and a half cup of white or apple vinegar. Mix and use this shampoo normally as you do when showering your dog. Let stand for 5 minutes and then rinse thoroughly.
Brewer’s yeast remedies
Brewer’s yeast is also an effective anti-flea home. You can use it in two ways:
- Food : Add a pinch of yeast to your dog’s usual food, this will scare them from the inside out.
- Repellent : You only need one cup of yeast. Rub the yeast over the hair of your pet until it reaches the skin, the vitamin B1 it contains will eliminate the fleas. Leave it on for several days and remove. Repeat once a week.
Homemade flea collar
There are several collars of this genre for sale, however there are many owners who have avoided them due to the intense smell the insecticide they have. So let us show you a way to make your own homemade anti-flea leash, completely natural.
- Get an essence of rosemary or lavender , water and a cloth. Dilute the oil in water, moisten the cloth and place it around the neck of your dog, knotting. To enhance the effect, mix a few drops of essence with olive oil and apply at the base of the dog’s tail.
- Gather different essential oils : cedar, lavender, thyme, citronella, geranium and basil. Add one or two drops of each onto a cloth and tie a knot in the dog’s neck.
Both necklaces should be renewed weekly when the scent disappears.
Home remedy for fleas in the environment
The flea war is not only about the animal’s hair, it is also important to protect the house to prevent the animal from being affected again, as fleas nest easily on beds, cushions and rugs. So let’s give you several home remedies for fleas in the environment:
- The wormwood : This European medicinal plant works as a natural insecticide. Plant it in your garden to ward off the stings and place small bags full of absinthe at different points in the house.
- Salt : Spread salt on the cushions at home, this will kill the fleas as they dry out the environment they need to grow. Leave it on for several days and then vacuum the area. Repeat for several weeks.
- Cedar shavings : Place cedar shavings inside the dog’s bed, under the furniture and in the corners. You can spread them directly or put them inside bags. The smell drives the fleas away. If you notice any negative reaction on your dog, remove it immediately because you may be allergic.
- Rosemary and Lavender : Plant these herbs in your garden to ward off fleas and other insects.
If none of this works, do not wait, go to the vet to prescribe a spray, pipette or other anti-flea treatment, remember that this parasite is harmful to the health of your dog.
This article is purely informative, in YourCatCareguide.com.br we do not have the capacity to prescribe veterinary treatments nor to make any type of diagnosis. We suggest you bring your pet to the veterinarian in case of any type of condition or malaise.
If you want to read more articles like a home remedy to kill fleas on the dog , we recommend you to join our section Deworming and wormers .