Medicinal plants for puppies
From the times of Galen (considered as the father of the pharmacy) to the present time, pharmacological treatments have advanced at a very great rate, being an excellent aid against numerous pathological conditions in both human medicine and veterinary medicine.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
However, not all are advantages, since the drugs represent a great work for the liver that must metabolize them and often also interfere with the immune responses of the body, and there is a risk of developing several side effects.
Therefore, more and more owners who consider that pharmacological treatment should not be considered as first-choice treatment, since our pets can also benefit from the action of innumerable natural resources such as herbal medicine, which is therapy with medicinal plants. In this article of YourCatCareguide we will help you to treat your pet more naturally and give you more information about medicinal plants for puppies .
Medicinal plants are not harmless
There are numerous toxic plants for dogs , likewise, we can also find several plants that are very useful for their health. However, a therapeutic plant is not always a harmless plant .
Medicinal plants are characterized by having a plant drug, which is the part or parts used therapeutically, which obviously have one or several active principles that will modify the physiology of the organism.
The active principles that contain medicinal plants follow the same process as drugs: on the one hand the animal’s organism releases the active principle, absorbs it, distributes it, metabolizes it and ultimately excretes it. On the other hand, this active principle has a certain mechanism of action and a pharmacological effect.
Medicinal herbs for dogs, if used properly, are a great help. However, you should know that they may be contraindicated in several situations and interact with various drugs .
Medicinal plants for dogs
The medicinal plants shown below have properties that make them useful for treating various conditions in our pets, in a natural and respectful way with their bodies:
- Aloe vera : The juice of aloe vera applied externally decreases inflammation of the skin, has anesthetic properties and also favors the regeneration of skin cells. It can also be applied internally to improve the dog’s overall health, relieve gastrointestinal diseases, and improve the immune system’s response.
- Valerian : Valerian for dogs is an excellent option to calm nervousness, relieve insomnia and decrease pain and inflammation, not being a well-known property, it also acts as an excellent muscle relaxant.
- White hawthorn: White hawthorn acts as an excellent cardiac tonic and is very useful in preventing congestive heart failure in elderly dogs, it is not usually used in young dogs unless they suffer from heartworm disease, in which white buckthorn can help the dog to survive this disease.
- Marian thistle: Marian thistle contains a strong active principle called silymarin, which acts as a protector and regenerator of liver cells. It is useful for improving the health of dogs in any context and especially necessary in cases of polypharmacy, since it will help the liver to metabolize the drugs without this representing any damage.
- Arnica Montana : This is an excellent plant for treating trauma, as it relieves pain, reduces inflammation and prevents the formation of bruises. It is advisable to use it topically or through the application of a homeopathic remedy.
- Chamomile : Dogs can also benefit from this popular medicinal plant, it is very useful as a mild sedative and is especially recommended for stomach problems such as heavy digestion or vomiting.
- Harpagophytos : Harpagophytos is one of the best natural anti-inflammatory for dogs , it is useful in any condition that causes inflammation and is especially indicated for muscle and joint problems.
Use these plants under the supervision of a veterinarian
Medicinal plants for dogs can be applied in different ways, either in infusion, in capsules, in a fluid extract or topically. Each presentation contains a different concentration of active principles , so it is imperative that a veterinarian supervises the treatment, preferably a holistic veterinarian with a good command of herbal medicine.
The dose of treatment is not the only reason veterinary attention is essential , since it should also assess whether the plant has any contraindication to the state of health of the dog or if, on the contrary, it interacts with any of the drugs that the animal may be taking
This article is purely informative, in YourCatCareguide.com.br we do not have the capacity to prescribe veterinary treatments nor to make any type of diagnosis. We suggest you bring your pet to the veterinarian in case of any type of condition or malaise.
If you want to read more articles like the medicinal plants for dogs , we recommend you to come into our section of other health problems .