The origins of the English Beagle or Beagle date back to Xenophon who in his Treatise on Hunting speaks of a dog that may well be the first Beagle. Passing all the stages of hunting from the primitive men to the medieval men, arriving to the nobles and kings of the XVIIIth Century, where a more select one was made, appeared the ” Beagles of pocket “, that nowadays are extinct but that were much appreciated by such distinguished personalities as Queen Elizabeth I.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
In 1840, they were exported to the United States , especially for hunting. The breeding of Beagles as domesticated dogs did not take place until 1870. The world wars were a severe blow to the continuation of the breed , but nothing that could not recover the Beagles who had spent so much time fighting. The Beagles are today a race highly regarded by people, not only by the hunt where they behave as faithful companions since then, as excellent members of the family.
- United Kingdom
- Grupo VI
- More than 80
Beagles brown and white colors and other physical characteristics
It is a breed of great beauty and elegance. The Beagles almost always walk and move with their tails raised , forming almost an inverted “c”, which gives them a proud look. It is a well-proportioned dog, with a square shape, muscular bearing, well pronounced chest, long head (more noticeable in females) and black back. The ears are large and dropped down, giving a touch of tenderness to the Beagle dog. As to its weight and height, the Beagle reaches between 33 and 41 centimeters of height until the withers and a weight that varies between the 8 and the 16 kilograms.
The colors within the breed can be divided into tricolors or bi-colores, always with white, brown and black tones:
- Beagle tricolor – Classic tri: This classic combination always maintains the white base of the mantle, but predominates the black that covers the back of the dog.
- Beagle tricolor – Dark tri: White base, very soft brown spots mixed with black spots.
- Beagle tricolor – Faded tri: White base with some soft black spots, mixed with strongbrown spots .
- Beagle tricolor – Pied: It can be said that this is the divided mixture, since the mantle is mostly white , with some white and brown spots that do not particularly stand out.
- Beagle bicolor: In this case, the Beagles usually combine white and brown . However, the shades can range from very light brown, red, orange, strong brown and even black.
Intelligent Beagle Personality – Psychological Features
Many people choose the Beagle for their physical appearance, since they look sweet on puppies and remain the same when they reach adulthood. However, when we make a decision as important as adopting a dog, we must know its behavior, its disposition, its defects and its virtues before knowing if this is the correct decision.
Beagles have a personality of their own , and not all personalities are compatible with us. Get to know this breed better and you will decide to imagine your life with a Beagle as a companion.
- Beagles are very active dogs . Life in a chalet is more comfortable for him and you, since you can run when you want and spend your energy that way. This is not to say that they are incompatible with apartment life, but if you do not have outside space, you should walk the dog three times a day at least (two of these walks should be long: one hour and the other half hour, way to make your Beagle completely happy).
- To understand them, do not forget that they are hunting dogs , genetically prepared to search for their prey, barking to warn and bringing them to you (something he loves!). A hunter can not ask for constant permission because speed is essential in hunting. So it’s common to see a Beagle running away.
For these reasons, you should understand that the Beagle is an active and impulsive dog that will not blink at the thought of fetching and finding prey (and bringing a present to the guardian). Also, they are puppies that require a good education since puppies because they tend to become authoritarian through a tutor who does not impose their rules at home.
Beagle care in apartment
Generally, it is a very healthy breed that can accompany the tutor for 15 long years of his life, when he is cared for properly and with much love.
It has the short hair, so the care of the coat is easy. However, this does not mean that you should let him take care of himself. It should be brushed two to three times a week and take a bath once a month, always taking into account how much or how little leaves the garden and how much it gets dirty.
What you should watch carefully are your ears. Large and fallen, they constitute a place where dirt can accumulate, thus creating clogs. So whether you want to take him to a canine aesthetics center or you do it yourself, you must have attention to that.
The sport is fundamental , and the Beagle needs long doses of activity due to physical and mental health issues. Otherwise, you will end up with an obese and destructive dog as a result of nervousness. Strolling with him at least three times a day, ensuring that he practices exercise and wandering in the mountains at the end of the week are qualities that a Beagle looks for in his tutor.
For the Beagle, children are excellent playmates . So you should know that your behavior with the little ones is stupendous, since you have fun and spend a lot of energy playing. Families love Beagle puppies because the little ones have lots of fun with them, playing nonstop. Parents should, however, put rules as neither (child or dog) should go beyond the bounds of play .
As for pets, it is very difficult to predict how the Beagle will behave through a cat, rabbit or bird at home. It is true that they are hunting dogs, but if they are accustomed to living with other species since they are young, they can force good relationships. If the Beagle is an adult, it is best to make a greater adaptation process, following some coexistence guidelines to be accepted.
The Beagle is an obedient and intelligent dog that develops several functions like hunter or sniffer:
- Hunting: The Beagles were selected to hunt hares and rabbits. They are excellent hunting dogs because of their incredible tracking ability. Later, they joined the hunting of the fox (19th century). Their ability to cooperate in packs and their predisposition also made them participate in pheasant hunting.
- Sniffing dog: After discovering their qualities, the Beagle dog began working as a sniffer dog in several cases. He participates in the detection of prohibited agricultural imports, since he is a very intelligent dog and accepts the rewards as a good teaching system. Inspection and detection are tasks that the Beagle accomplishes with great pleasure and dedication to please its tutor.