Plano de desparasitacao for puppies
The animals with whom we live can harbor different parasites, both external and internal, being very important to have a deworming plan since they are small. Starting this plan early will prevent problems in growth and gastrointestinal disorders, among other things. An infested dog can not only infect other animals, but also humans.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
In YourCatCareguide, we want you to know the deworming plan for dogs we believe to be most effective and convenient, but you should consult your veterinarian so that he can advise the best option for pet sue.
They are best known and feared by the owners as they inhabit the outside of the body of the little ones. Because they are visible, we fear that they will infest the environment or even ourselves. Within this group we find fleas , ticks and mosquitoes . Next, we explain a little more about them:
- Fleas are as uncomfortable for the animal as for the owners. Its sting is observed as a small mark and causes a lot of itching or itching. They are quite small and we can not always see them in animals and environments, especially in alcoves, chairs or even cracks in the walls. It is very difficult to eliminate fleas on dogs if we do not pay sufficient attention to the complete hygiene of the house. each adult flea can get to lay up to 100 eggs per day and, besides, they are not seasonal, being able to be found throughout the year. Some dogs may suffer from flea bite allergy , very common in German shepherd dogs, or dermatitis with complicated skin infections to heal.
- Ticks are very unpleasant in the eyes of tutors and very harmful to the bearers, our puppies. They can be found throughout the year but their population increases in the fall and spring, and it is necessary to reinforce protection at that time. It is important to eliminate ticks properly if we do not want a body part of them to be lodged in the dog’s skin, causing a larger infection.
- Mosquitoes are often forgotten. However, they should not be underestimated, since they are carriers of many diseases and, although they are not occasional guests in our dogs, they can transmit serious illnesses such as leishmaniasis , (serious illness that is important to know how to prevent ), filariasis, etc.
The most common symptom of the appearance of parasites in dogs is the continuous itching , although in the case of ticks it may be more discreet. It is important to examine the dog’s hair and skin regularly, especially in areas such as the neck, underarms and groin area for any abnormality.
As the name implies, intestinal parasites inhabit the interior of our dog’s body. We can call them worms and distinguish them in 3 large groups: flat and round. Get to know these species better:
- Within the group of flat worms or tapeworms , we find the known Dipylidium caninum or common tapeworm, among others.
- Within the round worms , we find Ascaris, Trichuris, Toxocara, etc.
Dogs with many parasites even show symptoms such as nervousness, apathy, diarrhea , coordination problems, etc. However, if the parasitic load is poor, these symptoms may not be very evident.
Adult parasites lay their eggs abroad through fecal matter, which is a source of contagion for other individuals of the same or different species, even humans. If there are children in the house where the dogs live, they are most likely to contract the dog’s illnesses since they have too much contact with them to play on the floor.
The dog’s internal spraying
We can start the deworming schedule in dogs when the little one has between 21 and 30 days of life with paste, tablets or syrup for the internal parasites according to their weight. The products to be used must be suitable for dogs.
We can repeat at 45 days to have a greater control, especially in animals that come from mothers with many parasites. This routine should be started before you start the vaccination plan so that your defenses will increase and your immune system will not work to fight the parasites but in full operation to receive the first vaccine.
The following deworming will be defined as a veterinarian but, as a general rule, it is usually done at 6 months and then every 2 months in animals that live in contact with pasture or rural areas and 3 months in dogs of the city.
External deworming of the dog
In the case of external parasites, we have several methods to choose from, starting when the animal has already been properly vaccinated to be able to go out into the street and get in touch with other environments. There are shampoos, pipettes, anti flea collars, home remedies, etc. However, this is for control of the animal. To control the environment, proper disinfection is necessary, especially if someone suspects the presence of fleas.
This article is purely informative, in YourCatCareguide.com.br we do not have the capacity to prescribe veterinary treatments nor to make any type of diagnosis. We suggest you bring your pet to the veterinarian in case of any type of condition or malaise.
If you want to read more articles like the deworming plan for dogs , we recommend you to join our section Deworming and wormers .