Christmas Recipes for Dogs
Christmas is a time of year when homemade recipes are the protagonists. The Christmas spirit and the lights, make us invite our pets to participate in this party. And while our dog follows us everywhere, feeling that something tasty is in the oven, it is normal to think that things could also make for him that are healthy and tasty.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
At YourCatCareguide we want you to share special moments with your dog and so we give you a list of 3 Christmas recipes for dogs , as we already know that, like humans, their health and quality of life is very related to The feeding. Let’s cook and share with the whole family!
Tips to take into account
If you are looking for the most nutritious and healthy recipes possible for your dog, then the recipes we show you are ideal. Remember that you must be careful when changing the food in dogs accustomed to always eating the same thing.
These new food additions are often easier on animals accustomed to eating (daily or occasional) healthy home-made recipes, food prepared by their owners at home. Not only internally for the dog, but also for the owners who invade the kitchen of new scents for them.
It should be borne in mind that they are omnivorous animals . In nature they follow a high protein diet based on meat (bones, viscera and fats) and very little amount of cereals or carbohydrates. Their digestive tract is not adapted to digest the cereals and therefore they accumulate, intoxicating them. In turn, we have certain forbidden foods for dogs when making the recipes:
- Grapes and raisins
- Raw onion and garlic
- Chocolate and alcohol
Be careful with the portions. If your dog is accustomed to eating ration (500 gr per meal approximately), you should give the same amount of homemade food and never mix homemade recipes with commercial dog food . It is preferable to give a home cooked meal and a commercial one, instead of both mixed. If you have any questions, always consult your veterinarian.
Input: Liver bread
The liver is a very beneficial food for our dogs because it is very rich in proteins, omega 3 fatty acids and omega 6 as well as in vitamins. However, it is a product that must be offered in moderation . Next, we’ll explain the first of our Christmas recipes for dogs, liver loaf. To do this, you will need the following ingredients:
- 500 gr of raw liver
- 1 cup oat flakes
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of spices (whichever one you like: turmeric, sweet pepper, pepper)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Make a puree with the raw liver and mix it bit by bit with oats, flour and spices.
- Spread it on a baking sheet for the oven greased with olive oil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and cut.
- It can be stored in the refrigerator for the following days.
Main: Chicken stew with pumpkin
The second of our Christmas recipes for dogs is a chicken stew with pumpkin, zucchini and celery. In addition to receiving fiber and protein, this recipe is often one of dogs’ favorites. To do this you will need the following ingredients:
- 225 gr raw pumpkin
- 225 gr raw zucchini
- 110 gr of aipo cru
- 1 chicken breast (225 gr)
- Condiments of choice
- Peel and cut into small pieces the vegetables.
- Put all the ingredients in a pan with water and the seasonings.
- Cut the chicken breast into pieces and add it to the previous preparation.
- Go stirring and place the lid, leave cooking for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve. Be careful about the temperature of the food that serves your dog, it should not be too hot.
Dessert: Antioxidant biscuits
These biscuits are an excellent antioxidant snack with many free radicals that your dog will quite like. It is one of the most easy to make Christmas recipes for dogs. For this, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Mix all the ingredients and make balls with the dough.
- When you put them in the previously greased baking dish, flatten them with a fork.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. This time may vary depending on the size of each cookie or the particular oven.
- They can store the cookies in the refrigerator for a week or freeze up to 3 months.
Did you like this recipe? See also our recipe for ice cream for dogs .