The Siamese cat comes from the ancient kingdom of Siam, the present-day Thailand. It was from 1880 that he began to commercialize with him in the shipments to the United Kingdom and, later to the United States. In the fifties of the last century XX was when the Siamese cat began to gain protagonism being chosen by many creators and judges like members of the contests of beauty.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
We can find two varieties of the Siamese cat :
- The modern Siamese cat or Siamese . It is a variety of the Siamese cat that appeared in 2001, in which one looked for a finer, long and oriental style. The strokes are marked and pronounced. It is the type most used in beauty contests.
- The traditional or Thai Siamese cat . It is probably best known, its constitution is typical of an ordinary cat presenting the typical and original colors of the traditional Siamese cat.
Both varieties are characterized by their typical pointed color scheme , the dark coloration where body temperature is lower (extremities, tail, face and ears) that contrasts with the tones of the remaining body of the feline. Learn more about this feline breed in this article by YourCatCareguide in which we explain more about your physical appearance, character, health and care to have.
- Category IV
- The Siamese cat has a medium body height that is oriented and characterized by being beautiful, stylized, very flexible and muscular. Each time we try to maximize this type of qualities. The weight varies between males and females, since their weight varies between 2.5 and 3 kilos, while males usually weigh between 3.5 and 5.5 kilos. As for the colors they can be: Seal point (dark brown), Chocolate point (light brown), Blue point (dark gray), Lilac point, Red point, , Cinnamon or White.
- The Thai cat though still showing beautiful and elegant quality is more muscular and has medium length paws. The head is rounder and westerner as well as the body style which is more compact and round. As for the colors they can be: Seal point (dark brown), Chocolate point (light brown), Blue point (dark gray), Lilac point, Red point, the Tabby point.
Both types of Siamese have different color patterns although they always show the typical pointed feature .
It stands out for the common hyperactivity in the cats of Asian origin as well as for its great agility. He is a cheerful, fun and loving companion. He is an active and affable cat.
Siamese are very faithful cats and loyal to their owners , with whom they want to be and ask for attention. It is a very expressive race and understanding what they want to convey is easy, both the affection and that which is not pleasing to them. Depending on the character of the cat, it can be very sociable and curious although in less common cases we may have a fearful cat, who despite this will be pleased with the arrival of new people home.
The Siamese cat usually has good health , proof of this is the 15 years of average life expectancy of the breed. Yet, as in all races, there are diseases that may be more present:
- The strabismus
- Respiratory infections caused by viruses or bacteria
- Heart disease
- Poor circulation
- Obesity in old age
If you pay attention to your cat by taking care of him and offering him much affection, you will get a friend who will be with you a long time. The longest-living Siamese reached 36 years.
It is a particularly clean and quiet breed that will spend long moments cleaning itself. For this reason, brushing it once or twice a week will be more than enough. It is also important that they do physical exercise to maintain their quality of speed, strength and appearance.
As for the training of the cat, we recommend that you be firm and patient with it, without shouting or showing hostility, something that will only cause nervousness in our new Siamese cat.
- We recommend that you sterilize the Siamese cat by being especially prolific, which can cause a pregnancy you do not want or infectious problems.
- The cats in heat usually mew very strongly.