Cachorra bleeding a lot in heat
Bitch caregivers, when they are not sterilized, have to cope with periods of heat, which usually occur twice a year, and can also generate many doubts. One of them, and perhaps the one most frequently expressed, has to do with bleeding. ” Cachorra bleeding a lot in heat, ” is usually the most habitual questioning, since there is not an exact amount that can be established as normal. Therefore, in this article by Animal Expert, we will clarify the doubts on this subject that worries so much.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
Cio in the bitches, how is it?
For you to be able to determine if your bitch bleeds heavily in heat, you must first know how your reproductive cycle runs, which can be divided into four phases which are as follows:
- Proestro : In this period, which can reach three weeks, is when bleeding occurs . Which can have different shades, from a color of fresh blood to a color more rosy, yellowish or brown. The bitch eliminates droplets or small jets. An abundant amount of fresh blood would be the subject of veterinary consultation, in the same way as if there is a bad smell or some symptom such as fever or pain. In this period also an inflammation of the vulva is visible and it is common that our bitch urine more often. At the end of this phase, already chaining with the next, the bitch, who was attracting the males due to the production of pheromones, becomes receptive. To demonstrate it, he will pull the syringe aside, leaving his genitals exposed. This symptom indicates that the next phase has begun.
- Estro or receptive cio : as we said, it is at this stage that the bitch accepts the male, and therefore, is in its fertility period, in which, being with a male dog without castrating, could be pregnant. This phase can last up to three weeks and we notice that it ends because the female stops accepting the male. The estrus period is considered to include proestrus and estrus and lasts about three weeks, on average. In the estrus there should be no bleeding and if this is verified, it is a matter of veterinary consultation, since it can be an infection or an irregularity in the heat.
- Right-handed : as we said, the bitch at this stage will reject mating and the male will also lose interest. If the bitch had become pregnant, this period would last for a few months, those corresponding to the gestation and would end at the time of delivery. If there is no gestation, this period will be followed by anestrus. It should not produce any bleeding.
- Anestro : corresponds to the period of sexual inactivity and will last until a new cycle of estrus begins.
Duration of bitch’s heat and normal amount
Only in the period known as proestro, our dog has to bleed. It is impossible to say what quantity is “normal,” precisely because there is no fixed amount , not even a number of days of bleeding that is common to all bitches. In fact, there will not be an equal heat in the same bitch. Generally, for the purpose of guidance only, we can highlight the following:
- Normal duration of bleeding in the dog’s bitch: more than three weeks would be reason for veterinary consultation. Until this time the bleeding may be normal, but we must always observe if it will decrease the flow and changing color, from a deep red to a pinkish brown. Of course these secretions should not smell bad. If they have a bad smell, they may indicate infection and veterinary attention will be required.
- Normal amount of blood in estrus: also very variable. In some bitches it is almost imperceptible, because the quantity is small and in addition, if lick. It is normal for you to see drops of blood coming out of the vulva. Sometimes they are small jets that can stain an adjacent area and even the legs as they fall, but it must be taken into account that when the dog spends a time lying down, when getting up, a larger amount will fall, which is which was accumulating in those hours. We may also see small puddles on her bed, or the place where she lies, so we must protect beds and sofas if we let her climb on these furniture. In addition, it is advisable to cover your bed with cloths, sheets or old towels that after the heat, can be thrown away if the blood stains do not leave when washing.
As you can see, if your bitch bleeds too much or too little in heat, it is relative. It is normal to have different bleeds, so the most important thing is that you do not notice any alarm signals, such as fever, pain, pus or apathy.
Start of the heat in bitches
Lastly, you should know that bitches usually enter the heat between 6 and 8 months, although it should be in small breed bitches rather then in larger breed bitches. During the first two years it is not surprising that bitches present irregularities in their reproductive cycle. So, although the rule is to enter estrus every 6 months or so, sometimes it can happen sooner or later. This explains bleeding beyond the expected time-span and, although they are changes that are usually solved by themselvesin the following cycles, you can confirm by visiting your veterinarian. It is also important to know that bitches have more spaced cords over the years. So if you think your bitch is bleeding badly in the heat or you have cilia in a row, but you are old enough (about 10 years old), maybe the bleeding is the result of some tumor and certainly veterinary attention will be needed.
In any case, it is recommended to sterilize before the first heat, or soon after, since, in addition to avoiding bleeding, when removing the uterus and ovaries, reduces the probability of appearance of pathologies such as breast cancer or pyometra canine . It is important to know that the use of drugs to control estrus has considerable side effects, which is why, as an anti-contraceptive and health method, sterilization is always advised before drugs.
This article is purely informative, in YourCatCareguide.com.br we do not have the capacity to prescribe veterinary treatments nor to make any type of diagnosis. We suggest that you bring your pet to the veterinarian in case of any type of condition or malaise.
If you want to see more similar items like Cachorra sangrando muito cio , we recommend that you enter our section of Other health problems .