Best Snacks for Dogs
There are thousands of snacks and rewards options at the petshops and also in our refrigerators and kitchen cabinets. The problem arises when choosing!
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
Can my dog eat the same snack as me? What is the best snack I can give when it comes to rewarding in training? Is this food good for my dog? It is to answer all these questions that YourCatCareguide wrote this article so that it is easier to choose the ideal snack for your companion.
Like us, our four-legged friends love snacking, but great care must be taken in our choices because not all foods are indicated, and even the best, when given in excess, can be harmful because they give too many calories. Keep reading and find out which are the best dog snacks !
What do veterinarians recommend?
Firstly, it should be noted that not all foods that are healthy for humans are for dogs, some foods are even banned for them!
Did you know that your dog is omnivorous ? That means that in addition to meat, it can eat cereals , fruits and vegetables !
The obesity is a real and common problem not only among humans but also in dogs. You should be careful when giving your dog a snack so do not overdo it. For example, if you choose to buy these packets of snacks at the pet store, take a look at the calories. If each cookie has about 15 calories and you give 3 at a time, it’s 45 calories you’re giving at one go!
The most important thing when rewarding your dog is to have moderation. It is quite common that you do not even realize you are giving too much! That is why, above all else, give small amounts , not only to avoid the consequences of overkill as obesity, but also so that your puppy values more each time you get a snack. So he will understand that he must strive to achieve the prize he desires!
Dog Snack in Dressage
When training your dog, such as teaching basic commands , or when teaching you how to drop objects , you should ideally have the snacks he likes the most in a little bag . For him, there is nothing better than receiving that delicious reward he so adores! You’ll find that training results will improve a lot if you use his favorite prizes.
It is important to be different , not only for the power to be balanced but also to maintain the interest of the dog. You can try to save the ones he likes best when he does what he has been doing for so long!
These snacks may be sold in the pet shop (see ingredients and organic and natural snacks) or natural foods that you buy at the grocery store or the grocery store (we suggest some cool ideas to list the shopping list!).
What to avoid?
It is important to remember that there are forbidden foods for dogs , and they should not be offered as a reward as they can be a bad dog treat.
Always keep in mind the list of foods to avoid :
- Milk and cheese
- Raw eggs
- Raw meat
Can I give my dog a bone?
This is a very common question among dog guardians. Our advice is to avoid them because there is a high danger of your dog choking or a digestive obstruction .
Good nutrition through a balanced diet is one of the crucial factors in preventing any disease! Always choose the snacks and healthier rewards within which your puppy prefers.
Homemade Snacks for Dogs
You do not always have to go to the petshop to buy the rewards for your dog. Most probably has in your kitchen, natural snacks for dogs that he will love and that you did not even know!
If your dog likes more crispy snacks , try these snacks:
- Carrots , apples , pears , green beans . These fruits and vegetables have lots of fiber, are crispy and have a lot of flavor – they make a very practical and cheap snack! A carrot is a very good food if your dog has bad breath .
- Peanut butter . It can be a great choice if it is made at home only with peanuts and a little salt, or if you choose to buy, make sure you have only peanuts and salt. Recently some brands have added xylitol (an artificial sweetener) that is toxic to puppies.
If, on the other hand, your puppy prefers softer foods, try these snacks:
- Blackberries , strawberries , blueberries . These red fruits will give your dog a lot of antioxidants.
- Sweet potato dehydrated or cooked to the cubes. Nowadays you can find this reward in some petstores, but you can do it at home at a much more affordable price!
- Cooked chicken or turkey . Within the meat options these are the most advised – always remember to cook without salt, onion, garlic or strong spices!
- Bananas . They are a very economical and environmentally friendly option – cut and offer in small pieces whenever you want to reward your dog.
Puppies generally like all kinds of food, especially if they are accustomed since childhood . Try to get your puppy used to eating different types of fruits and vegetables (from the allowed ones) and you will see that throughout his life he will be able to use healthy and nutritious foods as snacks for him!