Advice for educating puppies
Educating puppies is a simple task when one knows how to do it and when it is not something very advanced. However, raising a dog can seem like an impossible task if you follow the wrong advice.
CAT Spraying No More REVIEW
Cat Spraying No More is an excellent opportunity for the cat owners to learn about training the cat with a systematic approach. It helps in preventing the unwanted litter issues and other risks of bad feline behavior as well.
Currently there are two main lines of canine education , traditional training and training with positive reinforcement. Although these terms are sometimes used derogatoryly, in this article the YourCatCareguide is simply used to indicate the differences between these lines of thinking about puppies’ education.
Traditional canine training is mainly based on negative reinforcement and punishment. However, this does not mean that traditional trainers hurt dogs, if carried out correctly means that in this type of canine education the corrections predominate when the dog does not respond as expected. On the other hand, positive canine training is mainly based on positive reinforcement to educate puppies, although other methods can also be used to correct inappropriate behaviors.
Traditional dressing is usually harder and more coercive than positive dressing, so we do not recommend that you use this method if you are not a professional. Keep reading and discover our advice to educate puppies .
Educate puppies or train puppies?
If you have read any traditional dressage book you possibly have found the dichotomy between educating puppies and training puppies . Historically, traditional education has separated the dog’s education from the formal training of the young and adult dog. According to this differentiation, the education of the dog should be done differently from the training of the adult dog.
This dichotomy is based on two factors:
- Puppies do not have the same attention span as an adult dog.
- Traditional dressing tools (choke collar) can easily hurt a dog’s neck.
However, in positive dressing this differentiation is not made , since the methods used are effective in raising puppies of any age. In addition, no choke collars are used, so the tools used can not hurt the dogs. In spite of this, the limitation of the attention of the dogs is recognized and they do not have the same requirements as in the adult dogs. On the other hand, we always recommend the use of positive reinforcement training, since with it we will achieve effective results without the need to hurt the animal or subject it to unpleasant situations.
Frequently asked questions about puppy education
Although you can teach many things to your dogs, there are frequent topics in the education of any dog. These topics include the good manners of a companion dog and the basic obedience that the whole dog should have.
Good canine manners are necessary for any dog and understand what can be called basic dog training. As a general rule they include:
- The socialization of the dog
- Inhibition of bite
- Educate the dog to go to the “bathroom”
- Educate the puppy to use the travel cage
- Educate the dog to politely greet people
- Educate the dog to wear a leash and guide
- Teach the dog to pay attention
- Teach the dog to stop during the ride
- Educate the dog to ride a car
- Educate the dog to ignore objects
- Educate the dog to control the beats
- Ensinar ao cachorro a não morder os móveis
Por outro lado, a obediência canina competitiva não é realmente necessária para um cachorro de companhia, mas pode ser de grande utilidade. De fato, quem teve um cachorro adestrado em obediência não pode conceber a ideia de ter outro cão sem esse tipo de adestramento. A obediência canina básica compreende os seguintes exercícios:
- Obedecer à chamada
Things to take into account to educate dogs
If the purpose of your research is to become a professional canine trainer, it is best to consult the schools that offer canine training and education courses so that you better inform yourself and get the necessary title to devote yourself to this activity in a way professional. If, on the contrary, you need advice to educate dogs because you have just adopted one and are looking for a little guide, the previous topics can help you know where to start and what to take into account. In addition, you should consider the following tips to get the best results:
- Be patient , educating a puppy takes time. As with the learning process in humans, you need to take the time to get the animal to internalize the commands or correct the bad behaviors.
- Be constant . For good results, patience must be hand in hand with constancy. If you do not perform training sessions frequently and by scheduling, your dog will never internalize the commands and commands. By this we do not mean that you have to press the animal or that you have to hold too long sessions, in fact, both things are counterproductive. We should do sessions of 10 minutes at most and repeat them regularly every day.
- Set the rules from the beginning . Once you have established the rules of canine education, do not change them. If you live with more people, it will be essential that you make them participatory and inform them about the rules that are set so that everyone educates the animal in the same way. A simple example: If you educate the dog to learn to sit through the command “sit” and another person uses the word “Sitting”, the dog will never learn.
- Use positive reinforcement . A politely educated dog, who receives congratulations andawards for good behavior, will always learn much faster.
- Have fun with your dog . Undoubtedly, another of the keys to educating dogs effectively is to have fun with them while educating them. If the dog notices that we get bored or turn the training sessions into a routine that does not interest us, he will notice and will adopt the same attitude. Play various games and play with the dog so that